It has been a beautiful rainy morning here in Birmingham, ideal for a blueberry muffin breakfast. Perhaps it seems more wonderful than normal as we are finally settled into our new place! Having been in transition since our December wedding, it feels so good to wake up in the morning and walk into my very own kitchen.
Yesterday I brought home some fresh blueberries which looked too tantalizing to pass up (not to mention they were on sale!) This immediately got me thinking breakfast…
With nothing scheduled this morning, I took the time for a baking endeavor and came up with this yummy morning treat. You will love the blueberries that pop in your mouth as you bite into the sweet crust laced with coconut sugar.
If you try anything new this week, let this be it! They are well worth it and pretty simple at that. And hey– if blueberries aren’t your thing, any fresh berry will do! Think outside the box.
Blueberry Vanilla Almond Muffins
Makes 12 Muffins
- 1/2 C. of Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 1/4 C. of Honey
- 1/4 C. Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (Can also use rice milk)
- 1/4 C. Coconut Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. of Pure Almond Extract
- 1 C. of All Purpose GF Flour
- 1 1/2 C. of Almond Meal
- 1/2 tsp. of Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. of Salt
- 1 C. of Fresh Blueberries (or preferred fruit)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil (or use liners! I would recommend it 🙂 )
- Add all wet ingredients together, as well as coconut sugar.
- Beat well.
- Add all dry ingredients.
- Beat well.
- Add your blueberries and gently fold into your muffin batter.
- Spoon into muffin pan.
- Pop in the oven for 15-18 mins.
- Enjoy the scrumptious smell that fills your home (oh, and taste, too!)
Note: You can also use frozen berries if you wish; however, it will leave your batter a different color. If you want pretty muffins, use fresh. If you don’t mind greenish-blue muffins, then frozen works great, too!